Thursday, April 16, 2015

No bake granola bites

We love these.  A healthy little treat.  I have made them multiple times.  They freeze well too.

No bake granola bites (from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I use all-natural, but I am sure regular is fine too.)
  • 1 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips  (I use regular size choclate chips.)
  • 2/3 cup honey or agave nectar (I use honey.)
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil (optional)
  1. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, mixing gently so the crispy rice cereal doesn't get crushed. Mix until well-combined.
  2. Using a cookie scoop (or roll small amounts in your hands), drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper lined cooking sheeet. I used my cookie scoop and then rolled the scooped portion out between my palms.
  3. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. At this point you can serve them or combine the chilled granola bites in a large tupperware-type container or ziploc bags to freeze or refrigerate. They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week or for a few months in the freezer.

No comments: