Thursday, January 20, 2011

Potato Salad from Kitchen Keepsakes Cookbook

I have had a lot of Potato salads in my day and I would have to say by far this one is the best! Well at least I would like to think so.
6 potatoes (medium-I prefer red potatoes)
1/4 cup red onions
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
4 eggs, hard boiled, chopped
1 tsp celery seed ( I just use celery salt)

Garnish with parsley

Serves 6-8
Put unprepared potatoes in boiling water, cover and cook until tender. Drain, cool and peel. Cut potatoes in cubes, combine with onion, salt and pepper. Add Italian dressing, cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours. Just before serving, add mayo, celery, eggs, and celery seed. Toss well.

Side Note: I prefer to leave the skins, on it gives it more color and a prettier presentation. So if you do so, wait until the potatoes are nice and cold before you try to cut them so the peels stay on and it looks nice. To me everything on here is to taste and all depends on your preferences, but what makes this potato salad great, is the Italian Dressing. Enjoy!

No comments: