Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homemade Pesto with Angel Hair Pasta

2 cups fresh basil leaves
½ cup light olive oil
2 ½ Tbsp. pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, Chopped (I use the minced garlic about a 2 tsp)
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
½ lb. angel hair pasta, prepared according to instructions

In a food processor (preferred) or blender, blend the basil and olive oil on medium speed. Add remaining ingredients except pasta and process, scraping the sides. Never heat pesto!

I also cook up the frozen peas and carrots in a pat of butter and tsp. of sugar until heated through. Then I mix the pesto, pasta, and the peas and carrots together and server. I have made this with the pine nuts and with and I think it is good either way. Pine nuts are sometime hard to find and can be kind of expensive. Enjoy!

No comments: